Indian Head Massage Certificate.
Limited places available.
12th and 13th Feb 2022
1st and 2nd Oct 2022
3rd and 4th June 2023
Two days (1 weekend)
Main Street, Virginia, Cavan
The European College of Reflexology and Massage post-graduate Certificate of attendance.
- FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapists) accredited Certificate in Indian Head Massage. You must have Anatomy level 5 complete. Qualified therapists only.
The main aim of the Certificate in Indian Head Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Indian Head Massage treatments.
This course is open to everyone; you do not need to have any experience, and you can attend the course for personal and family use.
However, in order to work on the general public, you must have completed Anatomy and professional ethics (for our existing students you can attend this course as you are completing the anatomy and ethics alongside the award).
* Qualified Therapists will be given the option of sitting the exam on the second day at no additional cost. You will need to submit treatment evidence and complete a practical/theory exam.
If you are a qualified therapist this will be an excellent treatment to add to your existing qualifications.
Indian head massage is a fascinating treatment. The results are amazing. The treatment is calming and relaxing to both the therapist and the client. During the workshop, you will perform a treatment and receive treatment at least twice.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage.
Neck and shoulder pain
Cold and Flu Symptoms
€250 – Certificate of Attendance (You can work on family and friends only if you do not hold an anatomy qualification). If you are interested in the treatment and want to use it for personal use this is ideal for you.
If you would like to obtain the FHT accredited certificate you will need to complete 3 treatments and a practical and theory exam. The treatment record must be submitted before the practical exam (completed over the two days working on other students in the group, no models required).
Course fee includes:
- Tuition fees (practical and theory classes)
- Coursebook and consultation forms
- Assessment and marking treatments and assignment
- Students ongoing email or phone support and supervision throughout the course
- Class materials – Massage oil, couch roll.
Theory 10 am-12 pm
- History of Indian Head Massage
- Ayurveda medicine
- Chakras, dosha, energy balancing
- Benefits and effects of different suitable oils
- Contraindications (reasons when not to treat)
- Benefits and uses
- Anatomy of the face/head, neck, shoulders, arms, and back
- Disorders and infections
- Safety and precautions
- Recording treatment and consultation process
- Possible reactions
- Different types of massage movements used
- After effects
- Homecare advise
- Teacher demonstration, step-by-step guidance
- Consultation process
- Safety precautions, workplace set up and hygiene
- Positioning client and self
- Indian head massage movements include the face, scalp, arms, shoulders, and upper back
- After effects
- Homecare advise
The course is available in Virginia, Cavan. Car parking is available on New Street.
Apply online Deposit €50.
For more information or to speak to a Teacher please phone 0876572683 or email [email protected]