*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE*
Two days (1 weekend)
Sunday 24th November 2019 (Fully booked)
February 15th and 16th 2020-Fully booked
17th and 18th October 2020 ( Fully Booked)
21st and 22nd November
23rd and 24th January 2021
European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan
- The European College of Reflexology and Massage post graduate Certificate.
- FHT award in Indian Head Massage*
The main aim of the Certificate in Indian Head Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Indian Head Massage treatments.
This course is open to everyone; you do not need to have any experience and you can attend the course for personal and family use. However, in order to work on the general public, you must have completed anatomy and professional ethics (for our existing students you can attend this course as you are completing the anatomy and ethics alongside the award).
* Qualified Therapists will be given the option of sitting the FHT Certificate at no additional cost. You will need to submit treatment evidence and complete a practical/theory exam.
If you are a qualified therapist this will be an excellent treatment to add to your existing qualifications.
The results are amazing. The treatment is calming and relaxing to both the therapist and the client. During the workshop you will perform a treatment and receive a treatment at least twice.
What Are The Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Blocked Sinus
- Hay fever
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Stress relief
250 Euro- Certificate of Attendance (You can work on family and friends only if you do not hold an anatomy qualification). If you are interested in the treatment and want to use it for personal use this is ideal for you.
If you are a qualified therapist, you will be insured to practice the treatment. FHT post graduate certificate is accredited for insurance purposes.
If you would like to obtain the FHT accreditation you will need to complete 3 treatments and a practical and theory exam. Treatment record must be submitted on the day and completed on the second day of course.
€50 Deposit can be taken via our website.
Course Fees Include:
- All tuition fees (practical and theory classes).
- Course book and consultation forms.
- Assessment and marking treatments.
- Students on going email or phone support and supervision throughout the course.
- Class materials – Massage oil, couch roll.
- Tea and coffee
Theory 10am – 12am
- History of Indian Head Massage.
- Ayurveda medicine.
- Chakras, dosha, energy balancing.
- Benefits and effects of different suitable oils.
- Contraindications (reasons when not to treat).
- Benefits and uses.
- Anatomy of the face/head, neck, shoulders, arms and back.
- Disorders and infections.
- Safety and precautions.
- Recording treatment and consultation process.
- Possible reactions.
- Different types of massage movements used.
- After effects.
- Homecare advise.
- Teacher demonstration, step by step guidance.
- Consultation process.
- Safety precautions, workplace set up and hygiene.
- Positioning client and self.
- Indian head massage movements to include the face, scalp, arms, shoulders and upper back.
- After effects.
- Homecare advise.
” I just enjoyed every minute, I really didn’t think it was for me. As a reflexologist, massage is not really my preference…wow..loved it. Very clear delivery, relaxed atmosphere and lovely group. I will be back for more courses..any chance of a morning course???” Ann- Dublin.
*Please note that the proposed curriculum is a guide. ECRM reserves the right to change course dates, times and curriculum.