*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE*- 4 Places left
Two days (1 weekend)
Saturday 23rd November 2019
Sunday 24th November 2019
European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan
- The European College of Reflexology and Massage post graduate Certificate.
- ITEC award in Indian Head Massage*
The main aim of the Certificate in Indian Head Massage is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Indian Head Massage treatments.
This course is open to everyone; you do not need to have any experience and you can attend the course for personal and family use. However, in order to work on the general public, you must have completed anatomy and professional ethics (for our existing students you can attend this course as you are completing the anatomy and ethics alongside the award).
* Qualified Therapists will be given the option of sitting the ITEC Certificate at no additional cost. You will need to submit treatment evidence and complete a practical/theory exam.
If you are a qualified therapist this will be an excellent treatment to add to your existing qualifications. We have especially focused on qualified therapists and hairdressers and decided to run the course over a Sunday and Monday to facilitate quiet days in the salon/spa.
Indian head massage is a fascinating treatment. The results are amazing. The treatment is calming and relaxing to both the therapist and the client. During the workshop you will perform a treatment and receive a treatment at least twice.
What Are The Benefits of Indian Head Massage:
- Blocked Sinus
- Hay fever
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Stress relief
250 Euro- Certificate of Attendance (You can work on family and friends only if you do not hold an anatomy qualification). If you are interested in the treatment and want to use it for personal use this is ideal for you.
If you are a qualified therapist, you will be insured to practice the treatment. ECRM post graduate certificate is accredited for insurance purposes.
If you would like to obtain the ITEC award you will need to complete 4 treatments and a practical and theory exam. Treatment record must be submitted two weeks before practical exam.
€50 Deposit can be taken via our website.
Course Fees Include:
- All tuition fees (practical and theory classes).
- Course workbook and consultation forms.
- Assessment and marking treatments and assignment.
- Students on going email or phone support and supervision throughout the course.
- ITEC exam fees.
- Class materials – Massage oil, couch roll.
- Tea and coffee
Theory 10am – 12am
- History of Indian Head Massage.
- Ayurveda medicine.
- Chakras, dosha, energy balancing.
- Benefits and effects of different suitable oils.
- Contraindications (reasons when not to treat).
- Benefits and uses.
- Anatomy of the face/head, neck, shoulders, arms and back.
- Disorders and infections.
- Safety and precautions.
- Recording treatment and consultation process.
- Possible reactions.
- Different types of massage movements used.
- After effects.
- Homecare advise.
- Teacher demonstration, step by step guidance.
- Consultation process.
- Safety precautions, workplace set up and hygiene.
- Positioning client and self.
- Indian head massage movements to include the face, scalp, arms, shoulders and upper back.
- After effects.
- Homecare advise.
*Please note that the proposed curriculum is a guide. ECRM reserves the right to change course dates, times and curriculum.