*Post Graduate Courses Starting February 2024- September.
- Product Making–
26th November. 2023 Fully Booked.Waiting List.
- Refresher Reflexology – TBC
- Cancercare -Oncology Palliative Care Reflexology –Sunday 26th May.
- Hot Stone Massage– 27th and 28th April.
- Modern Cupping Therapy– TBC November.
- Reflexology for Fertility– Sat 27th April 2024.
- Maternity Reflexology– Sunday 28th April 2024.
- Advanced Foot Reading Course- Saturday 8th June.
- Refresher Holistic Full Body, Face and Scalp Massage-TBC
European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan.
Course Accreditation. Eligible for CPD points.
- ECRM Certificate of Attendance Product Making
- ECRM Certificate in Refresher Reflexology
- ECRM certificate in Oncology Reflexology and Palliative Care
- FHT Hot Stone Massage
- FHT Modern Cupping Therapy
- ECRM Certificate in Maternity Reflexology
- ECRM Certificate Advanced Foot Reading.
Product Making Workshop
Fun workshop. Learn how to make body balms, lip balms, home diffusers, and facial moisturisers using natural shea butter and essential oils.
Open to anyone who is interested in making products (lip balms, body and face moisturisers), no experience necessary.
You will leave with a body balm, lip balm, and personal inhaler.
Theory- Ingredients, temperature-safety precautions (melting point and importance of no water). Blending, essential oils, storage, and labeling.
Practical-Hands on experience.
Melting, whisking consistency, ratio of oil to base product. Essential oils for selfcare. Storage and labeling.
Reflexology for Cancercare/Oncology and Palliative care reflexology
This post-graduate course is aimed at reflexologists that want to advance on their existing qualifications and gain confidence when treating clients with cancer. Recent statistics confirm that 1 in every 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. This course will enrich your natural ability to deliver a reflexology treatment with the added benefit of specific movements and knowledge behind the movements that will relieve the different side effects of cancer treatment.
Many clients going through cancer treatments will turn to reflexology. often as a last resort. The aim of the treatment is always to treat the overall well-being of the client and to bring the body back into balance. By doing this, the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation are greatly relieved and the clients experience a state of calm and deep sleep. The course content will include the stages of cancer treatment, additional movements to reduce stress in the target organs. Specific movements for different types of cancer, helper areas, emotional areas to work on.
The Teachers delivering this subject use a simplified approach and incorporate visual and theory elements to appeal to all learning styles. The knowledge gained in this class is essential when doing practical treatments. All teachers have treated an extensive amount of cancer clients and will relate to their own personal experiences to enhance your learning and understanding of the many different approaches, movements, and results.
It is our experience that to treat a client when their body is so tired and unwell and witness the energy that reflexology can bring is the most rewarding treatment to be part of.
€150. Deposit €50.
Course Fees include:
- All tuition fees (theory class and practical session)
- Course workbook
- Students ongoing email or phone support
- Oncology Reflexology and Palliative Care Certificates
Open to all qualified Reflexologists. Compact day covering all aspects of pregnancy. Course written and delivered by our Teacher Lynda Carroll . A unique course incorporating Myo Fascia Release (MFR) techniques on the foot with advanced reflexology movements.
- Why Choose Reflexology?
- Benefits During Pregnancy.
- What is Myo Fascia Release?
- Revision- Reproductive system and organs, endocrine system and hormones.
- Common Pregnancy Conditions and practical/reflex techniques.
- Pregnancy- week by week and precautions.
- Labour- positions and stages. Reflexology assistance.
- When not to treat- red flags for referral.
- Reflexology in motion. Client position.
- Active reflexology ( client will participate) Heartburn, hemorrhoids, carpal tunnel Syndrome.
- Foot reading for pregnancy.
- Myo Fascia Spinal release techniques.
- Myo Fascia Pelvic release on the foot.
- Solar plexus link
- Endocrine link
- Anxiety Technique
- Sciatica/backpain release
- Lymphatic release.
- Reflexes to help with breast feeding.
- Reflexes for newborns.
Reflexology for Fertility:
Course Content Overview:
- Overview/ refresher endocrine and reproductive system
- Common reasons for fertility problems male/female and less common presenting conditions
- Other possible factors to consider
- Possible holistic treatments used to improve fertility and documented research/statistics published
- Medical treatments and stages of IVF
- Chart reading: egg vitality and sperm vitality. Ovulation charting and when to treat.
- TCM- acupressure points to begin balancing heart and breath rate prior to treatment, during and at the end.
- Endocrine link
- Nervous system link activating plexuses, stimulating various points to include vagus nerve
- Balancing the lobes of the brain
- Myo fascia release techniques to release nerves of the spine.
- Reflex stimulation using hot and cold stone application techniques on reflexes.
- Optional Hypnotherapy/meditation recording for fertility (for client to listen to in between and during reflexology sessions) recording is unique to ECRM and produced by college hypnotherapist and psychotherapist to help client overcome emotional barriers.
Advanced Foot Reading.
- History of foot reading.
- Benefits of foot reading
- Different methods used.
- Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) -Yin and Yang in relation to foot reading.
- TCM- The 5 elements
- Mapping the elements to the feet.
- Lines of the feet
- Colours- what do they represent.
- Toes- position and meaning.
- Toes – length and meaning.
- Feet- position on ground and meaning
- Nail conditions and meaning.
- Consultation Sheet to use for practical class to identify areas.
Completing 2 full foot readings. Using notes and mapping to feet.
Course manual included.
Course : Holistic Full Body Massage with Face and Scalp Massage Refresher
Course Overview: Welcome to our one-day intensive course in Holistic Full Body Massage, which includes a specialized focus on face and scalp massage. This comprehensive training is designed to equip post graduate students with the necessary theory and practical skills to provide a rejuvenating and relaxing massage experience to clients. Whether you’re newly qualifed to massage therapy or seeking to refresh your skills, this course will empower you with the knowledge and techniques to excel in this holistic practice.
Course Duration: 1 day (8 hours)
Course Objectives: By the end of this course, participants will:
- Understand the principles and benefits of holistic full body massage, including face and scalp massage.
- Comprehend the importance of effective consultation techniques and how to adapt the massage based on clients’ individual needs and preferences.
- Demonstrate knowledge of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its implications for massage therapists working with clients.
- Gain proficiency in a wide range of massage techniques, ensuring a safe and therapeutic treatment for clients.
- Develop practical skills in performing holistic full body massage, with a specific focus on face and scalp massage.
- Enhance their ability to create a relaxing and peaceful environment conducive to healing.
- Be aware of self-care practices to maintain a healthy mind and body while working as a massage therapist.
Course Outline: Session 1: Introduction to Holistic Full Body Massage (1 hour)
- Understanding the holistic approach and its benefits
- Principles of energy flow and its significance in massage therapy
- Preparing the massage environment and creating a calming atmosphere
Session 2: Consultation and Client Assessment (1 hour)
- Importance of client consultation and assessment
- Effective communication and active listening techniques
- Adapting the massage treatment to individual client needs
Session 3: GDPR for Massage Therapists (1 hour)
- Overview of GDPR and its relevance to massage therapy
- Consent and confidentiality requirements for working with adult clients
- Data protection best practices for massage therapists
- Insurance and Professional Membership Bodies.
Session 4: Theory and Techniques (2 hours)
- Anatomy and physiology relevant to holistic full body massage
- Overview of various massage techniques and their applications
- Contraindications and safety precautions
Practical.Session 5: Practical Massage Skills (3 hours)
- Step-by-step guided practice of holistic full body massage
- Focusing on face and scalp massage techniques
- Tips for delivering a seamless and relaxing experience
Course Completion: Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a certificate of achievement, indicating their proficiency in Holistic Full Body Massage with Face and Scalp Massage Refresher.
Note: To ensure personalized attention and effective learning, the course will have limited seats, so early registration is recommended. Participants are advised to wear comfortable clothing during the practical session. All necessary massage equipment and materials will be provided by the training center.
Cost : €150. Deposit €50
Course : Reflexology Refresher Course with Consultation and GDPR
Course Overview: The Reflexology Refresher Course with Consultation and GDPR is a one-day intensive training program designed for practicing reflexologists who wish to enhance their knowledge, skills, and compliance with GDPR regulations. This comprehensive course combines practical hands-on sessions with essential theoretical insights, providing participants with a well-rounded learning experience.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Review the fundamental principles and techniques of reflexology.
- Identify and target key reflex points on the feet.
- Understand the importance of consultation in reflexology practice.
- Comply with GDPR regulations and data protection best practices.
- Enhance client communication and relationship-building skills.
- Address common challenges and ethical considerations in reflexology.
Course Duration: 1 day (typically 6-8 hours, including breaks)
Introduction to Reflexology .
- Brief overview of reflexology history and principles.
- Understanding the body’s energy zones and reflex points.
Practical Reflexology Techniques .
- Guided hands-on sessions to practice various reflexology techniques.
- Understanding the corresponding organs and systems linked to specific reflex points.
The Consultation Process .
- Importance of client consultation and assessment before a reflexology session.
- Gathering relevant information about the client’s health and medical history.
- Insurance and professional memberships.
Hands-on Consultation Practice and treatment set up.
- Exercises for conducting effective consultations.
- Learning to tailor reflexology treatments based on individual client needs.
GDPR Compliance in Reflexology Practice.
Overview of GDPR regulations and their relevance to reflexology practitioners.
- Implementing data protection measures to ensure client confidentiality.
Ethical Considerations in Reflexology .
- Discussing ethical dilemmas and professional boundaries in reflexology practice.
- Maintaining a safe and respectful environment for clients.
Q&A and Wrap-up
- Addressing participant questions and concerns.
- Recapitulation of key takeaways from the course.
- Participants will receive a course handbook containing essential reflexology techniques and guidelines.
- GDPR-related documentation templates for client consent and data handling.
- This course is open to certified reflexologists with prior training in reflexology.
Certification: Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive a Reflexology Refresher Course certificate, acknowledging their commitment to continuous professional development and GDPR compliance.
Cost: €150. Deposit €50
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the course available?
The course is available at The European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan.
I haven’t worked as a reflexologist in a while, will I be lost?
Not at all, we will go through the movements and identify the main areas to focus on.
Am I too old to do this course?
No. Students of all ages (over 18) have taken this course. Mature applicants often excel as they are very committed and focused. Our Teachers are simply exceptional at working with all different abilities.
Do I need a Uniform?
For class hours, no. Comfortable smart clothing is recommended for classes. We find that students prefer to wear a black tunic as they feel more professional during their training.
Do I have to go on work experience?
No. There is no requirement to participate in work placement.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs €150 including certificates.
How long will the course take?
The course is one day long.
Can I work in hospices with this qualification?
Yes. ITEC Diploma is internationally recognised.
Do I need to have any other qualifications to do this course?
Yes, you will need to bring a copy of your reflexology diploma for this course.