*Post Graduate Courses Starting September 2021.
Product Making- Sunday 12th Dec 2021.
Refresher Reflexology -Course Commences Sunday 14th November 2021.
Oncology Palliative Care Reflexology – Saturday December 4th 2021.
Hot Stone Massage- 23rd and 24th Oct, 22nd and 23rd Jan 2022, 19th and 20th Mar 2022.
Modern Cupping Therapy- Jan 15th and 16th 2022.
Maternity Reflexology- 16th October 2021.
Advanced Foot Reading Course- Saturday 13th Nov 2021. Saturday March 5th 2022.
European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan.
- ECRM Certificate of Attendance Product Making
- ECRM Certificate in Refresher Reflexology
- ECRM certificate in Oncology Reflexology and Palliative Care
- FHT Hot Stone Massage
- FHT Modern Cupping Therapy
- ECRM certificate in Maternity Reflexology
Product Making Workshop
Fun workshop. Learn how to make body balms, lip balms, home diffusers, and facial moisturisers using natural shea butter and essential oils.
Open to anyone who is interested in making products (lip balms, body and face moisturisers), no experience necessary.
You will leave with a body balm, lip balm, and personal inhaler.
Theory- Ingredients, temperature-safety precautions (melting point and importance of no water). Blending, essential oils, storage, and labeling.
Practical-Hands on experience.
Melting, whisking consistency, ratio of oil to base product. Essential oils for selfcare. Storage and labeling.
This post graduate course is aimed at reflexologists who want to refresh their skill and gain confidence if they have not been using their techniques.
- Foot disorders
- Adaptions to treatment (pregnancy and cancer care)
- Position of client and therapist
- Full recap of practical routine (finger and thumb walking, pivot)
- Grounding and clearing techniques
- Treatment set up and towel management
- Referral areas on the hand
- Metaphysics (emotion that corresponds to each organ)
- Insurance and professional memberships available
- GDPR guidelines
- Aftercare and home care
Oncology and Palliative care reflexology
This post-graduate course is aimed at reflexologists that want to advance on their existing qualifications and gain confidence when treating clients with cancer. Recent statistics confirm that 1 in every 2 people will be diagnosed with cancer in their lifetime. This course will enrich your natural ability to deliver a reflexology treatment with the added benefit of specific movements and knowledge behind the movements that will relieve the different side effects of cancer treatment.
Many clients going through cancer treatments will turn to reflexology. often as a last resort. The aim of the treatment is always to treat the overall well-being of the client and to bring the body back into balance. By doing this, the side effects of chemotherapy and radiation are greatly relieved and the clients experience a state of calm and deep sleep. The course content will include the stages of cancer treatment, additional movements to reduce stress in the target organs. Specific movements for different types of cancer, helper areas, emotional areas to work on.
The Teachers delivering this subject use a simplified approach and incorporate visual and theory elements to appeal to all learning styles. The knowledge gained in this class is essential when doing practical treatments. All teachers have treated an extensive amount of cancer clients and will relate to their own personal experiences to enhance your learning and understanding of the many different approaches, movements, and results.
It is our experience that to treat a client when their body is so tired and unwell and witness the energy that reflexology can bring is the most rewarding treatment to be part of.
€150. Deposit €50.
Course Fees include:
- All tuition fees (theory class and practical session)
- Course workbook
- Students ongoing email or phone support
- Oncology Reflexology and Palliative Care Certificates
- Tea and coffee
Open to all qualifed Reflexologists. Compact day covering all aspects of pregnancy. Course written and delivered by our Teacher Lynda Carroll . A unique course incorprating Myo Fascia Release (MFR) techniques on the foot with advanced reflexology movements.
- Why Choose Reflexology?
- Benefits During Pregnancy.
- What is Myo Fascia Release?
- Revision- Reproductive system and organs, endocrine system and hormones.
- Common Pregnancy Conditions and practical/reflex techniques.
- Pregnancy- week by week and precautions.
- Labour- positions and stages. Reflexology assistance.
- When not to treat- red flags for referral.
- Reflexology in motion. Client position.
- Active reflexology ( client will participate) Heartburn, hemorrhoids, carpal tunnel Syndrome.
- Foot reading for pregnancy.
- Myo Fascia Spinal release techniques.
- Myo Fascia Pelvic release on the foot.
- Solar plexus link
- Endocrine link
- Anxiety Technique
- Sciatica/backpain release
- Lymphatic release.
- Reflexes to help with breast feeding.
- Reflexes for newborns.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Where is the course available?
The course is available at The European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan.
I haven’t worked as a reflexologist in a while, will I be lost?
Not at all, we will go through the movements and identify the main areas to focus on.
Am I too old to do this course?
No. Students of all ages (over 18) have taken this course. Mature applicants often excel as they are very committed and focused. Our Teachers are simply exceptional at working with all different abilities.
Do I need a Uniform?
For class hours, no. Comfortable smart clothing is recommended for classes. We find that students prefer to wear a black tunic as they feel more professional during their training.
Do I have to go on work experience?
No. There is no requirement to participate in work placement.
How much does the course cost?
The course costs €150 including certificates.
How long will the course take?
The course is one day long.
Can I work in hospices with this qualification?
Yes. ITEC Diploma is internationally recognised.
Do I need to have any other qualifications to do this course?
Yes, you will need to bring a copy of your reflexology diploma for this course.