*LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE*
Saturday 21st September 2019 SOLD OUT Sunday 22nd September 2019 SOLD OUT Sunday 21st March 2022- sold out.
Saturday 15th Oct 2022- Places available.
Saturday 20th April 2023-Places available.
European College of Reflexology and Massage, Main Street, Virginia, Co. Cavan
- The European College of Reflexology and Massage Certificate of Attendance. FHT (Federation of Holistic Therapy) Accreditation.
The main aim of the Award in Thermal Auricular Therapy is to enable Learners to gain the necessary practical and theoretical skills in order to provide Thermal Auricular treatments to the general public and to gain employment in the Beauty/Holistic and Spa industry.
This course is open to everyone; you do not need to have any experience. If you are a qualified therapist this will be an excellent treatment to add to your existing qualifications. Ear candling is a fascinating treatment. The results are amazing. The treatment is calming and relaxing to both the therapist and the client. During the workshop you will perform a treatment and receive treatment.
What Are The Benefits Of Ear Candling :
- Excessive wax in ears
- Blocked Sinus
- Hay fever
- Glue Ear
- Cold and Flu Symptoms
- Pressure regulation
€100 – Certificate of Attendance (You can work on family and friends only). If you are interested in the treatment and want to use it for personal use this is ideal for you.
€150 – If you would like to obtain the FHT accreditation you will need to complete 3 treatments and a theory and practical exam. This is more suitable for anyone who would like to add to their qualifications and advertise the treatment to the general public. E.g. Beauty Therapists, Massage therapists etc. The accreditation is fully recognised by insurance companies.
€50 Deposit can be taken via our website.
Course Fees Include:
- All tuition fees (practical and theory classes)
- Course workbook and consultation forms
- Assessment and marking treatments and assignment
- Students ongoing email or phone support and supervision throughout the course
- Class materials – Massage oil, ear candles and couch roll
- Tea and coffee
Theory 10 am – 12 am
- History of ear candling
- Contraindications (reasons when not to use candles)
- Benefits and uses
- Anatomy of the ear
- Disorders and infections of the ear
- Safety and precautions
- Recording treatment and consultation process
- Possible reactions
- Different types of candles, structure and ingredients used
- After effects
- Homecare advise
- Teacher demonstration, step-by-step guidance
- Consultation process
- Safety precautions, workplace setup and hygiene
- Positioning client and candle
- Precautions regarding “white smoke” and incorrect positioning in ear
- Extinguishing candle safely
- Facial lymphatic massage to include the ear and scalp
- After effects and analysing contents of candles and findings
- Homecare advise
*Please note that the proposed curriculum is a guide. ECRM reserves the right to change course dates, times, and curriculum.
” Wow…I didn’t expect much from this course. It was unbelievable! The relaxation sensation throughout the treatment and the results afterwards were unreal…I could hear a pin drop. I slept so well and really enjoyed the pressure point massage. After 15 years as a massage therapist, I didn’t expect to learn much more…how wrong I was!! Enjoyable day and another treatment to add to my clinic” Siobhan, Galway.